- We've had a really enjoyable stay in a superb and characterful place, it's been a great trip. Nick - January 2024
- An absolutely lovely week at Dent Station - Just perfect! A fantastic place to stay for great walks, waving at and catching trains and for celebrating our Silver Wedding Anniversary. Accommodation amazing, can't wait to come back thank you from us all! Sally, Simon, Oliver and James - September 2023
- A big thank you for a lovely stay at Dent. We have had two very enjoyable days in this wonderful area, and of course the station. Best accommodation we have ever had and we were amazed at the quality of restoration of the building. We take back with us some lovely memories and hope we can return again in the future. John and Monika - September 2023
- The whole experience was magical! Everything was thought out and perfect - thank you. Such a beautiful, peaceful haven, a slice of heaven. Jessica and Etta - August 2023
- We just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved with Dent Station Accommodation. We have just come home from the most wonderful trip. It was always a dream of mine to stay there and it exceeded expectations. To the communication with you, to the excellent house-keeping, the phone call to ask if we were okay when we arrived. It was one of the best experiences we've had. Jill and Jim - July 2023
- I just wanted to let you know we had a fabulous time at Dent station. The accommodation far exceeded my expectations. Please thank all the team for their care and attention to the wonderful building and making sure those that stay are well catered for. I am sure at some point we will be staying again. Marie - 2023
- We're enjoying our stay enormously. The station has exceeded my expectations. Beautifully restored and furnished. Our last day tomorrow. We'll miss running out to smile at the passengers on the scheduled services! Many thanks for your excellent communication too. Kind regards, Stuart 2023
- Just a line to say we had a wonderful stay at Dent station. We appreciate the ongoing efforts by yourselves to retain and maintain such beautiful places for others to enjoy. We had everything we needed in the well stocked kitchen, cosy fire and of course those breathtaking views. We will most definitely return. Many thanks, Helen 2022
Thank you so much for a fantastic holiday at the Station. We enjoyed ourselves very much indeed and send thanks to you all for enabling us to have such a wonderful holiday. So, thank you once again for all the hard work that made our holiday (and so many other folk's holidays) very special. Best wishes, Hilary 2022
- Just to say thank you and how much we enjoyed our stay at Dent Station. My husband (this was part of his 60th birthday) loved it being so close to the tracks and even by the last day was getting waves from drivers and chats with the train guards. It really was a wonderful stay. The house is such a brilliant conversion of old and new. I already have friends who are interested in going after our experience. We had a particularly lovely clear sky evening on Sunday night. Catherine 2021
- Life has been so busy since we got back from our wonderful week at Dent Station. It was something we had hoped and dreamed about for a long time, and to actually get the opportunity to live in the actual station house for a whole week was everything we had hoped for and more. All the facilities in and around the house were just "spot on". Roger loves a real fire and so was in his element. The weather varied a lot but to be able to come out of the front door, straight onto the station platform to catch the train to Carlisle was beyond words. It is an experience we loved and hope to repeat. Best regards, Sue and Roger 2021
Our family have been visiting the Station and Snow Huts over the last 5 years and for us – it offers rural tranquility and accessibility to the Dales and surrounding towns ,villages and beauty spots. In August we booked the station and both Snow Huts and had twelve family members stay ranging in age from my youngest daughter who is 15 to may parents who are in their 80’s for whom the big Snow Hut on a single level was perfect. We come from different parts of the country so it is a great meeting place and this year some of the family drove and we came by train from Ascot directly to Dent station. We have met the owner – Robin Hughes – who occasionally visits the middle Snow Hut and he is always accommodating and keen to ensure our stay is as smooth as possible – occasionally on hand if we need anything on arrival or departure days. This year we had 3 steam trains through the station, went on the train to Skipton, Settle and Appleby and had visitors up on the train from Leeds. All in all, a great family week away and the accommodation was perfect as we all had our own space and independence – but had family meals around the Station dining table as trains rolled by.
Matthew Cook – Ascot and family from Harrogate and Leeds - August 2015 2016 2017
We love our holidays at Dent Station. A beautiful old building on an historic railway line; it is a safe environment for all our family to enjoy passenger trains, freight trains and on a good day steam trains too. The rail enthusiasts arrive by train, and later on we can all hop on the train to visit the local market towns.
At Dent station we love the cheese from Hawes, the bread from Ingleton bakery and the magnificent views of Dent Dale. On a cold day we can light the station fires and on a warm day we can be outside chatting to passengers and walkers using the Settle Carlisle line. We return home relaxed, refreshed and eager to book for next year.
Phillip Davies and Family - Visitors each year from 2008 to 2018
I love getting away to the rural delights of Dentdale to recharge my batteries and the minute I turn of the M6 at junction 37, I know I am heading for the hills and a another week at the Snow Hut. This year was my fifth visit in my Landrover Discovery which is the perfect companion for this part of the world. This year – I really didn’t venture too far. Most days , I’d venture out for a few hours, enjoy the stunning scenery – make a few phone calls and retreat back to Snow Hut to read books, listen to music and just “mooch” about the Snow Hut watching trains go by, the RAF fly by or chat to some guys from Network Rail who were checking the tracks due to the heat wave that threatened but never showed. ! I have a hectic life and a week at this place is the perfect tonic. I bumped into Robin who has restored the station and Snow Huts and shared a bottle of wine one evening while he was enroute to his other holiday accommodation business in Pitlochry. Other than that I played my favorite albums - watched the world go by recharged my batteries with a few guest Dent Ales. I’ll be back – I met another couple staying in the smaller Snow Hut who we out walking everyday and a family staying in the station were regular visitors with children who loved trains. I like the fact that whilst there were a few people around – the arrangement of the accommodation over about an acre of land means that everyone has their own space, patios and out door areas – I liked the woodburners and stack of coal and had a bonfire one afternoon – which I certainly cant have in urban confines of home – Will be back.
Simon Persse - July 2015
We recently had the pleasure of a few idyllic days staying at Dent Station. We arrived by train and were delighted as we opened the door to 'our' Station. While there's the excitement of trains passing by the front door, the stunning views from a large window beckon to the countryside beyond. On a beautiful day we went for a long walk along narrow country lanes, on a Public Footpath through rolling green fields dotted with spring lambs, beside a babbling brook, across little stone bridges. We passed a little stone Church, admired some late snowdrops and had a conversation with a friendly local at a nearby Inn. On a cold and blustery day we watched the weather come over the hills, still with patches of snow, and up the valley, while warm and cosy inside in front of the fire. Every comfort and convenience is provided in a setting of so much character with special little touches everywhere. Truly a 'storybook' location.
Sue and Ted Hadfield (Australia)
We stayed at the Snow Hut at Dent Station in mid March. The venue is quite isolated and surrounded by beautiful scenery. The Snow Hut itself is very well furnished and was really warm even though the weather was very cold throughout. The wood burners are really efficient and coal was plentiful. Plenty of space for cooking if you want but also some lovely pubs with quality food and good prices within 7 miles. The bed is very comfortable with top quality linen and the bathroom is similarly well equipped and quite large. We had our dog with us and she really enjoyed the freedom to roam and rolling in fresh snow every morning. Access with the trains is also really good when the weather is too inclement.
Robin was around for much of the week and he is very good company and extremely helpful when any queries arise. All in all this venue and property is first rate.
Roger - March 2013
We had a wonderful stay at the station at the beginning of Feb - we felt well and truly chilled by the end of our week
Steve and Karen - Feb 2013
We had a wonderful stay at Dent. We thought the station was wonderful and was very warm and cozy despite it's remote elevated location. The added snow made the station and surrounding area look amazing. It was a truly unique experience and we would certainly like to visit again, and for longer next time. Thank you again for organising everything for us.
Heather - Dec 2012
I just wanted to drop you a note to say that I had a wonderful time at the Snow Hut - it was just what the doctor ordered, and I have been given permission to return by Dawn, but not until the year after next. So hopefully I will be back in 2014. Once again congratulations on having the vision for Dent and turning it into such a special haven.
Simon Crook - Nov 2012
Dent Station is a brilliant place to stay – Beautifully equipped, we have had a superb week – Thank you for letting us stay at your station.
Rita Nickells - July 2008
It’s now a few weeks since we stayed at Dent and we wanted to tell you what an absolutely splendid time we had there! Many, many thanks for letting us visit your Station – it is truly a magnificent enterprise.
With very best wishes, Ju and Ralph White - June 2008
Just got back home and just wanted to thank you for the great experience we had at Dent station. We all enjoyed it. We care greatly about the property and it is important to respect peoples hard work and English heritage. It really is superb work you have achieved. We would like to book for Sept 09
Tom Adam Aug 2008
Another highly enjoyable week at Dent . All kinds of weather, beautiful scenery, trains and adventure.
David Baldwin – July 2008
What a fantastic place to stay – We have had a brilliant week in luxury and extremity at Dent. The restoration is incredible and we’ve felt some at home – Thanks for sharing your amazing home with us.
Martin Luxmore – April 2008
The family have had a superb and fascinating break at this brilliant place, on top of England. We seen steam trains, aircraft, horizontal rain, brilliant sunshine, been to great pubs and restaurants, and walked the three peaks – Unforgettable.
The Thompson Family, York. 2008
We have had a ball, in this amazing spot. We loved the underfloor heating, Rayburn, Real fire and views. My husband spent all week walking the hills and watching the trains. We tried Dent Ale from the local brewery and tried some great pubs. What a week.
L Martin May 2008
The girls escape weekend always chooses remote luxury......thats exactly what we got. The attention to detail and comfort and home comforts at this time of year were most welcome. Thanks for letting us stay at such a great venue- And we all arrived by train – How wacky is that!
Lesley Onyett Feb 2008